Monday, September 7, 2009

Internet Identity Crisis



By Ahmad,
7 September 2009.

Internet is used and opened to all of us who can access the net. thus, it is only natural that what we upload or post could possibly be viewd by others. Therefore, you can't always be sure of who could have access your page; surely it would not just your circle of friends.

Internet is just a lock waiting to be open. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/afo_88/3393772484/)

Personally, I would always try to hide my identity when surfing the net or creating any accounts online. Worst case scenario, if anyone try to find me using my real name, they won’t succeed easily, as to the anonymous name I am currently using. And of course it would cross your mind that, why would anyone wants to find you silly?

Let me answer that,

it won’t hurt a bit to always be careful and cautious. I have seen many of my friend’s posts their phone numbers and personal information online, especially on social networking website. Then came another statement; that’s why it’s call social networking website dummy!

The gauges of how far you are willing to give people access about yourself depend on how far you know on how they could get access to your information. In simple terms, we won’t post our numbers to the web if we just know that only us and some friends will access it. But, the internet doesn’t work that way. There are always third parties involved. (Unless you create your own internet. And call it something else).

Until you realize there’s all these weird numbers texting you or spamming you until today. I am going to leave this article unfinished until someone else responds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and Critique